卍 This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead 卐
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheCaptain943
I'm the Captain. End of story
avatar

Posts : 856
Age : 25
Location : Germany
Join date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:04 am


The Old Voiceactor? Nope, we´ve got Merchant. Still good, but i liked the old one more.


Excursion Funnels? Yes, but this one is terrible morphed to a shitty clean version. WITHOUT TURRETS.


Aerial Faith Plates? Yep, everythin is fine.


Laser? Yes, but again, this chamber was dropped. Thanks Valve.


Vents? Completely dropped. Thanks again :]


Repulsion Gel #1? Yep, but now its in the old AS. Im fine with that.


Repulsion Gel #2? Nope. Completely dropped. Wuv u, Valve.


Lets see... Propulsion Gel? Yes, but this chamber was dropped. TY Playtesters <3
1:02 Aerial Faith Plates #2? Yes, still there.
1:04 Funnels #2? Nope. No crushers.
1:10 Funnels #3? I think that one is in the game, too..
1:15 Faith Plates #3? Yep, that one is the "Overclocked" chamber
1:18 Repulsion Gel #3? Nope, again, dropped.

Lets see:

7 dropped Chambers, 1 dropped Voiceactor.
4 Chambers kept.

Maybe the E3 is cursed; every cool shit Valve shows there gets cut later.

What do you think?

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheCaptain76561197997145833
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 25
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:36 am

nah that's just valve.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
avatar

Posts : 2162
Location : At the HQ of the operation.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:07 am

Portal 2 had to be gay for a reason BM

_________________
Back to top Go down
Crash15

avatar

Posts : 474
Location : Slicing Bagels.
Join date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:18 pm

The smashy thingies are scripted now, instead of being automaticly set off. No idea why they dropped the vents.
Back to top Go down
JustBarney

avatar

Posts : 382
Location : Somewhere, Someplace
Join date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Hey, at least they didn't scrap about 95% of what they did
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Sexiest Porn-man Since Ron Jeremy
avatar

Posts : 342
Age : 129
Location : Matrix
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:21 pm

It seems like there was only one thing that could be done with the vents; the player couldn't really use them like the gels, etc.

The gel stream was dropped probably because it was too expensive, resource-wise of course.

Don't know why they got rid of the voice actor and cool tunnel, though.
Back to top Go down
http://lemonparty.org
Crash15

avatar

Posts : 474
Location : Slicing Bagels.
Join date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:50 pm

The Dude wrote:
It seems like there was only one thing that could be done with the vents; the player couldn't really use them like the gels, etc.

The gel stream was dropped probably because it was too expensive, resource-wise of course.

Don't know why they got rid of the voice actor and cool tunnel, though.
It was a placeholder until they found a voice actor. That's why you don't hear the original. And i think the old one only was in those E3 scenes. Since they had other plans.
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:01 am

No one gives a fuck about the E3 demo test chambers, and anyone who does, shouldn't. Some made it in in a different form, others didn't at all. You've already seen them being played, so it makes no difference. Richard Lord was pretty terrible. He was a placeholder, people. Valve made this clear. Diversity Vents didn't work in the chambers. And the funnels look fine to me.

I swear to god it's like people get a fucking hard-on when they hear something was cut from the game.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 25
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:40 am

This is the leak community after all Handjob

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
JustBarney

avatar

Posts : 382
Location : Somewhere, Someplace
Join date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:18 am

TheNewCity wrote:
No one gives a fuck about the E3 demo test chambers, and anyone who does, shouldn't. Some made it in in a different form, others didn't at all. You've already seen them being played, so it makes no difference. Richard Lord was pretty terrible. He was a placeholder, people. Valve made this clear. Diversity Vents didn't work in the chambers. And the funnels look fine to me.

I swear to god it's like people get a fucking hard-on when they hear something was cut from the game.
You just said what I was scared to say. Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
TheCaptain943
I'm the Captain. End of story
avatar

Posts : 856
Age : 25
Location : Germany
Join date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:46 am

TheFurryCleric wrote:
Portal 2 had to be gay for a reason BM
so u liek it? :B

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheCaptain76561197997145833
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 25
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:29 pm

TheCaptain943 wrote:
TheFurryCleric wrote:
Portal 2 had to be gay for a reason BM
so u liek it? :B


_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
avatar

Posts : 2162
Location : At the HQ of the operation.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:11 pm

No >: (
I'd rather play MI 1.6 for 24 hours, then 2 minutes of Portal 2....

_________________
Back to top Go down
Crash15

avatar

Posts : 474
Location : Slicing Bagels.
Join date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Speaking of portal 2...Since PSN was attacked a while ago, i can't play with you guys because i use the PS3 version. :C
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Sexiest Porn-man Since Ron Jeremy
avatar

Posts : 342
Age : 129
Location : Matrix
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Yeah, I wasn't really feeling it. Not only that, but most of the writing and humor seems to be taken right out of Idiocracy.
Back to top Go down
http://lemonparty.org
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:16 am

The Dude wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't really feeling it. Not only that, but most of the writing and humor seems to be taken right out of Idiocracy.

Naaaah, not really. The writing was excellent; as is to be expected from Wolpaw. Faliszek managed to shove his heavy-handed humor dick in the game again, which made for what I found to be a fairly asinine ending, but overall, the writing is some of the best I've seen in a long while.

I assume you meant to insult both Portal 2 and Idiocracy's writing; which is strange, since Idiocracy was well-received. Secondly, when one delivers this kind of criticism, if you can even call it that (I don't think you can, really), to a game, especially when it is aimed solely at one department, I would expect that person to be capable of performing far better in that particular department than the writers of the particular game.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 25
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:57 am

How about we just say it's a decent game and call it a day? It's not the best game ever nor will it be GOTY(that place is reserved) but it's definetely not a bad game either (With the single exception of THAT FUCKING GAME STORE!).

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:57 am

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
How about we just say it's a decent game and call it a day?



Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
It's not the best game ever

Debatable.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
nor will it be GOTY(that place is reserved)

GOTY isn't "reserved".

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
but it's definetely not a bad game either (With the single exception of THAT FUCKING GAME STORE!).

Sigh. I will never understand people complaining about the store.

It's an option. No one's making you use it. You want to use it? Use it. You don't? Then sit down and quiet down.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 25
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:48 am

Paid DLC from day one is SHIT. Anyone who says otherwise should be burned alive and shot to death(or sacrificed to a demon either way works for me).
And it DEFINETELY isn't the best game ever made in the history of gaming. period

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
avatar

Posts : 2162
Location : At the HQ of the operation.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:38 am

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
it DEFINETELY isn't the best game ever made in the history of gaming.
Half-life 2 is.... bounce

_________________
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
Paid DLC from day one is SHIT.

You realize that isn't DLC? It's just cosmetic items. Entirely optional. Do you understand what I'm saying here?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
Anyone who says otherwise should be burned alive and shot to death(or sacrificed to a demon either way works for me).

No, not really. What's with all these childish "OH YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME GO DIE" remarks?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
And it DEFINETELY isn't the best game ever made in the history of gaming. period

And who put you in charge of deciding that?

No one.

You have no right to make such an outlandish and downright amusing claim.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 25
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:43 pm

After paying 80 FUCKING BUCKS for this game seeing useless shit that is worth 3 times as much in my currency in the game from fucking day one is THE UTTER SHITTYNESS OF SHIT. And any rich fag who loves to buy useless shit to show off at the people that can't buy everything(i know what people do with that shit but i still cant wait to see the amusing argument) deserves the shit I already said.There are tons of games that are coming and have been released that are BETTER than portal 2 and anyone with common sence knows that.Ok more arguments pls Very Happy

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
After paying 80 FUCKING BUCKS for this game

Is that Valve's fault?

Surely you realize Valve doesn't govern the global economy.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
seeing useless shit

If it's so useless, then why are you so upset about it?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
that is worth 3 times as much in my currency in the game

Again, Valve does not govern the global economy. It's not their problem your currency is shitty.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
THE UTTER SHITTYNESS OF SHIT.

No, it's a great feature allowing people who have money and are willing to use it on video games to customize their character. An even trade-off. Got money, willing to spend it? You can get these items, which are practically useless, and everyone knows it.

Are you jealous at those people, or something?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
And any rich fag who loves to buy useless shit to show off at the people that can't buy everything(i know what people do with that shit

Seems like you don't know. You generalize all of them as "rich fags" who "show off". Pretty weird.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
the amusing argument

Yours are the amusing ones.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
deserves the shit I already said.

So you generalize them and then you say they "deserve" all that silly stuff you previously mentioned?

No offense, man, but seems like you are jealous at them.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
There are tons of games that are coming and have been released that are BETTER than portal 2 and anyone with common sence knows that.

No, they aren't.

You consistently push off your opinion as everyone's opinion, which is a bit immature. Not everyone thinks the same way as you do, Doom. Now you justify it by saying "anyone with common sence" has the same opinion as you, which is strange, since you have exhibited no common sense at any point in this argument.

In addition, you have never told me why you think Portal 2 is so bad, and why other people would agree with you on that. At least The Dude said he thought the writing sucked. He may have put it in a rather nasty manner, but at least he told us why he hated it, and that goes a long way in an argument, especially when you are insistently pushing your opinion in everyone's face.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
Ok more arguments pls Very Happy

Are you begging for evidence to show you how wrong you are?

Or are you trying to come off as not caring? Because that isn't working.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Sexiest Porn-man Since Ron Jeremy
avatar

Posts : 342
Age : 129
Location : Matrix
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:03 pm

TheNewCity wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't really feeling it. Not only that, but most of the writing and humor seems to be taken right out of Idiocracy.

Naaaah, not really. The writing was excellent; as is to be expected from Wolpaw. Faliszek managed to shove his heavy-handed humor dick in the game again, which made for what I found to be a fairly asinine ending, but overall, the writing is some of the best I've seen in a long while.

I assume you meant to insult both Portal 2 and Idiocracy's writing; which is strange, since Idiocracy was well-received. Secondly, when one delivers this kind of criticism, if you can even call it that (I don't think you can, really), to a game, especially when it is aimed solely at one department, I would expect that person to be capable of performing far better in that particular department than the writers of the particular game.

Yeah, it really is, and I wasn't insulting Idiocracy. The character development was very stagnant, not to mention the idea of stupidity and robots has already been done many times, very similarly to Idiocracy. Simply put, whatever originality in writing there was in Portal 1 is long gone from Portal 2.

And don't use that last argument, really. That's like critizing someone's government and having its leader tell you "Oh yeah, well why don't you form a government since you don't like it so much." (I'm not referring to dictatorships either)
Back to top Go down
http://lemonparty.org
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 25
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:04 pm

1. Yep.
2. Becouse it shouldn't be there on day fucking one. I'm ok with TF2's store becouse it happened quite some time after the game was released.
3. 5 bucks for a skin my grandma can make in paint is pretty shitty if you ask me.
4. Great feature my ass. This is EA and Activision's shit and Valve are starting to go down that path.
5. I'm not jealous of anyone. If I was I'd have to break relations with 90% of the people I know.
6. Ofcourse my opinion matters. It IS me after all Very good!
7. And yes PLEASE show me how wrong I am oh great master of arguments cheers

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   

Back to top Go down
 
*NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
卍 Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information 卐 :: Wasteland-
Jump to: