卍 This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead 卐
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:18 pm

The Dude wrote:
The character development was very stagnant

How?

The relationship between GLaDOS and Chell is greatly expanded, and is almost completely different by the end of the game.

Wheatley as well. We see him go from a rather dumb supporting character, to a near-psychotic villain, to an apologetic cast-away in space.

Even Cave Johnson, an unseen character, evolves as the player moves through the game.

The Dude wrote:
not to mention the idea of stupidity and robots has already been done many times

Uh... so?

The idea of alien invasion has been already done so many times, hasn't it? Yet we all love Half-Life 2.

The idea of a downtrotten, cyberpunk, sci-fi setting has also been done time after time, yet, we guys seem to love it SO much in HL2's leak, as unoriginal and mundane as the concept is by now (which most likely is the reason why they cut it). Far more unoriginal than "stupidity and robots", I'd say.

That doesn't mean any of those games mentioned above (and, yes, all of the designs in the leak) suck, though.

The Dude wrote:
Simply put, whatever originality in writing there was in Portal 1 is long gone from Portal 2.

How is that?

Why is the game so unoriginal?

Just because the idea of "stupid robots" has been done several times before?

The Dude wrote:
And don't use that last argument, really. That's like critizing someone's government and having its leader tell you "Oh yeah, well why don't you form a government since you don't like it so much." (I'm not referring to dictatorships either)

No, I will use it. If you are going to hate on the game so vehemently and brutally, especially when you are pointing your hate at one department, then I will expect you to perform better in that department.

You can't compare a government to a video game, Dude.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
1. Yep.

Yes to what?

You accept that it's your fault for paying more than you should have?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
2. Becouse it shouldn't be there on day fucking one. I'm ok with TF2's store becouse it happened quite some time after the game was released.

Why?

What makes it so different?

Isn't it all the same? "Overpriced shit"?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
3. 5 bucks for a skin my grandma can make in paint is pretty shitty if you ask me.

I ask of you the same I did of Dude - if you are going to bitch about it so feverishly, make a better one, entirely from scratch.

None of the skins are "shitty" either.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
4. Great feature my ass. This is EA and Activision's shit and Valve are starting to go down that path.

No, it isn't.

It's an optional store for cosmetic items. Buyers know EXACTLY what they are buying.

This has nothing to do with EA or Activision, who demand more money for far more substantial content.

Do you realize Valve has just announced a VERY substantial DLC package for Portal 2? I have the press release here. Let's read it off.

"Portal 2 DLC #1 will offer new test chambers for players, leaderboards, challenge mode for single and multiplayer modes, and more.

Targeted for release this summer, Portal 2 DLC #1 will be offered free of charge for the PC, Mac, Xbox 360, and PS3."

Your comparison is fundamentally broken.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
5. I'm not jealous of anyone. If I was I'd have to break relations with 90% of the people I know.

No, it certainly seems as if you are jealous of people who can buy these items. You generalized and practically demonized them.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
6. Ofcourse my opinion matters. It IS me after all Very good!

Of course it matters. If it didn't, we wouldn't be having this argument. I never told you it doesn't matter, Doom.

But you have no right to push your opinion so insistently, with nothing to back it up.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
7. And yes PLEASE show me how wrong I am oh great master of arguments cheers

I already have, Doom.

Notice how I've already shot holes through each and every one of your arguments?

That's me showing you how wrong you are.
Back to top Go down
Emild00d
Internet Fungus
avatar

Posts : 613
Location : Not here
Join date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Fuck this is why I love forums
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 26
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Fanboys will be fanboys but nontheless let's continue Smile

I accept that it's valve's fault becouse 5 hours worth of gameplay + 2 hours of coop aint exactly worth 80 bucks(and the game was priced according to the international price here).

It is different. When we got TF2 and the older valve games we got a full game with everything unlocked in it. With portal 2 I pay cash expecting the same and instead i see tons of shit(with more to come) that i have to PAY FOR in order to use even though i just payed for the damned game(and it doesnt matter if it's "cosmetic" or shit like that. I payed for a full game and I expect to be able to use everything)

I've made enough shit which is good from scratch so your argument is invalid tongue

Funny thing is that I can actually buy this shit becouse I have the money to do it but I won't do it so in your face lolcry

I have the right to do anything I want as long as it's not bound by law and this shit isn't around here. king

ho ho ho hoi

Stolen from Love Tub

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
Fanboys will be fanboys but nontheless let's continue

And haters will hate.

Sad, really.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
I accept that it's valve's fault becouse 5 hours worth of gameplay + 2 hours of coop aint exactly worth 80 bucks(and the game was priced according to the international price here).

The game does not last 5 hours.

And the coop certainly doesn't last 2 hours.

No, it isn't Valve's fault. You got suckered into paying too much. It's your fault entirely.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
It is different. When we got TF2 and the older valve games we got a full game with everything unlocked in it.

Everything unlocked?

You want everything? Just like that?

Haha, quite greedy, aren't we?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
With portal 2 I pay cash expecting the same and instead i see tons of shit(with more to come) that i have to PAY FOR in order to use even though i just payed for the damned game(and it doesnt matter if it's "cosmetic" or shit like that. I payed for a full game and I expect to be able to use everything)

No, it does matter if it's cosmetic.

Able to use everything? Use what, Doom? These are cosmetic items. Items you PAY for if you want them. You're not being forced to buy them. You do NOT need them. They are, for all intents and purposes, entirely useless.

Yet you talk about it as if Valve stole something from you. They did not.

You just said the items are shitty, so why are you so butthurt over not being able to use "everything"? Need I remind you that you ARE using everything? These are just extras that you pay for.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
I've made enough shit which is good from scratch so your argument is invalid tongue

No, I would like to see you make your own Portal 2 skin, from scratch.

You just insulted Valve's work by saying your own grandmother could make that in 5 minutes. Insults =/= criticism.

I expect you to take me up on that offer, or you're unfit, both for this argument, and for skinning.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
Funny thing is that I can actually buy this shit becouse I have the money to do it but I won't do it so in your face lolcry

Don't be childish, Doom.

You do NOT have the money for it. If you did, you wouldn't be crying your eyes about it, stating that you want "everything", and you'd just buy them.

In my face? Are you implying you're better than me because you have money? Need I remind you I have over 200 games on Steam? I could buy the store's Complete Pack at a whim, Doom. I'm not crying about items I can't get, am I?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
I have the right to do anything I want as long as it's not bound by law and this shit isn't around here.

Hahahahahaha!

Man, while reading that, I couldn't help but imagine a small child reading it out loud. "OHHH I CAN SAY ANYTHING I LIKE AND IT WILL MAKE MY ARGUMENT GOOD! EVERYONE THINKS PORTAL 2 SUCKS LIKE ME <3"

You're not a child, aren't you, Doom?

Sad to see your "argument" has degenerated to this.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 26
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:16 pm

It does last that long. If it took you 2 days to beat it it's your problem really.

Not really. I don't charge for additional shit after people just payed me for it now do I Smile

It doesnt matter if they are extras or not. They shouldnt be there on day one. If the shop was released a few months(or even weeks fine) later I would be completely fine with it. But having it on day one is just being a corprate faggot(yes I insulted valve start trolling me boys Very Happy)

I would make one but I have far more imporatant shit to do now than make skins. Like finishing school and going to a university. And yeah even my grandma can recolor a texture becouse that's what the new OH SO SEXEH skins are.If they were new models(not counting the preorder ones) I wasnt going to say anything but that's crap i expect to see on fpsbanana.

In all seriousness I do have the money to buy all that crap but I lack a debit/credit card becouse aquiring one here is a shitty process and our shit country happens to be the poorest in the entire Union so we aint exactly big on spending.So uuh yeah in your face tongue

And last but not least(this is gonna be a good one) YOU told me i have no right to do such a thing and I gave you a completely political,economical and even a scientific reply that I CAN do it becouse it's not banned by law. And I never said Portal 2 sucks I just said there are better games out there so you fail on that one lol!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
The Dude
The Sexiest Porn-man Since Ron Jeremy
avatar

Posts : 342
Age : 129
Location : Matrix
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Cave Johnson is an exception, but Glados and Wheatley change sides in the blink of an eye, no gradual development.

As for the ideas used, take Cave Johnson for instance. He's a lot like the AI from Idiocracy, in voice and mannerisms.

As another example of unoriginality, take Atlas and P-Body. When you have to take characters from a kids' show, you know you've gone down the drain.

I guess government wasn't a good example, so here's a better one:

I may not be a modeler, but even I know a shitty model when I see it. I don't see how you can argue that.
Back to top Go down
http://lemonparty.org
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
It does last that long. If it took you 2 days to beat it it's your problem really.

No, it does not.

And it's YOUR problem if it somehow took you 5 hours. You clearly rushed through it, so don't go complaining about it.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
Not really. I don't charge for additional shit after people just payed me for it now do I Smile

No, you clearly are greedy.

Doom, we're talking insignificant cosmetic skins that have no effect on gameplay. This is practically hidden in the menu. It's a tiny entry at the bottom.

And yet you are complaining about how you can't have them.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
It doesnt matter if they are extras or not.

Yes, it does. These skins were never promised, nor mentioned.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
If the shop was released a few months(or even weeks fine) later I would be completely fine with it.

This is so funny.

Why would you be fine with it?

What makes it different?

Nothing. You're just grasping at straws in an attempt to get an argument.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
But having it on day one is just being a corprate faggot(yes I insulted valve start trolling me boys Very Happy)

Not really.

It's allowing people to customize their characters.

Rather cool option, if you ask me.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
I would make one but I have far more imporatant shit to do now than make skins. Like finishing school and going to a university.

So you can't do it?

Why?

Do you accept you wouldn't be able to beat Valve's skins?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
even my grandma can recolor a texture becouse that's what the new OH SO SEXEH skins are.

A simple recolor? Not really.

But let's assume it is a simple recolor. Just for your sake.

Then why can't you do it?

You can't do a "recolor"?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
In all seriousness I do have the money to buy all that crap but I lack a debit/credit card becouse aquiring one here is a shitty process and our shit country happens to be the poorest in the entire Union so we aint exactly big on spending.So uuh yeah in your face tongue

Stop bullshitting around, Doom.

You don't have the money to buy them.

You don't even have the money to buy Poker Night at the Inventory, which is the cheapest item on your Steam wishlist.

Accept it.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
YOU told me i have no right to do such a thing

Because within an argument, you have no right to push your opinion on other people. Your opinion is not superior to any others. If you do that, you're practically made a fool of yourself.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
a completely political,economical and even a scientific reply that I CAN do it becouse it's not banned by law

Try "stupid, childish reply". Because that's what that was.

Of course it's not banned by law.

It doesn't change the fact that you've still practically made a fool of yourself in this entire argument by outright stating that "IT DEFINETELY ISNT THE BEST GAME EVER". Who are you to say that, Doom?

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
And I never said Portal 2 sucks

That doesn't matter.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
so you fail on that one

No, not really.


Last edited by TheNewCity on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:32 pm

The Dude wrote:
Glados and Wheatley change sides in the blink of an eye, no gradual development.

No, GLaDOS definitely had some development going on there.

Wheatley - maybe. But that was the entire point of that. He changes sides instantly. It was a twist, after all.

The Dude wrote:
As for the ideas used, take Cave Johnson for instance. He's a lot like the AI from Idiocracy, in voice and mannerisms.

I don't remember Idiocracy very well, sorry. I last saw it over a year ago.

But how does that matter?

What's so important about this?

They resemble each other, sure.

And?

The Dude wrote:
As another example of unoriginality, take Atlas and P-Body. When you have to take characters from a kids' show, you know you've gone down the drain.

Unoriginality? How were they so unoriginal?

Kids show? What kids show are you talking about?

The Dude wrote:
I may not be a modeler, but even I know a shitty model when I see it. I don't see how you can argue that.

So you know aesthetics, right?

So in theory, you could make a better model.
Back to top Go down
someone3333
Lieutenant Dick Sponge
avatar

Posts : 1015
Join date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Can we have a Rage Corner?
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 26
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Well we settled our scores on steam so show's over folks.

PS: no refunds lolcry

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:42 pm

someone3333 wrote:
Can we have a Rage Corner?

Maybe.

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
Well we settled our scores on steam so show's over folks.

PS: no refunds lolcry

Great show, man! Sure attracted lots of lurkers.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 26
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:44 pm

quite so ol' chap lolcry
They get hard ons when they see us rage Handjob

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:50 pm

They see us trollin' they appear to be hatin'
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:51 pm

I'll leave the thread open in case The Dude wants to reply to any of my previous posts.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Sexiest Porn-man Since Ron Jeremy
avatar

Posts : 342
Age : 129
Location : Matrix
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:58 pm

TheNewCity wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Glados and Wheatley change sides in the blink of an eye, no gradual development.

No, GLaDOS definitely had some development going on there.

Wheatley - maybe. But that was the entire point of that. He changes sides instantly. It was a twist, after all.

The Dude wrote:
As for the ideas used, take Cave Johnson for instance. He's a lot like the AI from Idiocracy, in voice and mannerisms.

I don't remember Idiocracy very well, sorry. I last saw it over a year ago.

But how does that matter?

What's so important about this?

They resemble each other, sure.

And?

The Dude wrote:
As another example of unoriginality, take Atlas and P-Body. When you have to take characters from a kids' show, you know you've gone down the drain.

Unoriginality? How were they so unoriginal?

Kids show? What kids show are you talking about?

The Dude wrote:
I may not be a modeler, but even I know a shitty model when I see it. I don't see how you can argue that.

So you know aesthetics, right?

So in theory, you could make a better model.

Glados definitely did not have any development. She did not change as one progressed through the chambers, she just kept spouting more insults.

They resemble each other too much, which demonstrates unoriginality.

Atlas and P-Body are basically taken right out of Jimmy Neutron.

I also know enough writing to be able to see when things turn sour, as I've seen in Renaissance and Eagle Eye.
Back to top Go down
http://lemonparty.org
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
avatar

Posts : 4068
Age : 26
Location : On the battlefield.
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:59 pm

I'll just leave this here as a monument for the lurkers to fap to.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
someone3333
Lieutenant Dick Sponge
avatar

Posts : 1015
Join date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:04 pm

The Dude wrote:
*Insert article 2 post above.*

Ahem. I'll step in.

Play through the entire single player mode dude, She said that the has had voices in her head from all of those spheres over the years, But know she is hearing her own voice in hear head. AND IT SCARES HER.

While I can see the "Buddy Buddy Team" in a lot of shows and games, Its a very open concept used for a long time. Valve got the concept down very well in my book, Even if it seems to come from some show I've never heard of.
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:34 pm

The Dude wrote:
Glados definitely did not have any development. She did not change as one progressed through the chambers, she just kept spouting more insults.

She didn't change?

That's ludicrous!

As PotatOS, she changes her attitude towards the player. She's much more vulnerable now - she's being eaten by a bird. She cooperates with Chell.

She learns she is actually based on Caroline - she finds that Caroline is in there, in her brain.

And then she heartlessly deletes her. Or maybe she doesn't.

No development?

I think not.

The Dude wrote:
They resemble each other too much, which demonstrates unoriginality.

No, not really.

Johnson was a great character. His humor was a bit heavy-handed, but it was hilarious.

I have no idea what the AI has to do with Cave. They barely resemble each other. You're grasping at straws here.

Unoriginality? Need I remind you that anything can be unoriginal, if one chooses to needlessly analyze everything?

The Dude wrote:
Atlas and P-Body are basically taken right out of Jimmy Neutron.

Uh... how?

What characters are you talking about?

The Dude wrote:
I also know enough writing to be able to see when things turn sour, as I've seen in Renaissance and Eagle Eye.

Anybody can see when Eagle Eye's gone sour.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Sexiest Porn-man Since Ron Jeremy
avatar

Posts : 342
Age : 129
Location : Matrix
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Not everyone, and I meant that Glados's development was pretty much thrown in towards the end.

They do resemble each other. They have very similar voices, and similar mannerisms as previously stated. You need to rewatch the movie.

I remember that there were these 2 robots from the show when I was a kid. They had their eyes in their torsos, and treated each other just like the robots in Portal 2.



Back to top Go down
http://lemonparty.org
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:35 pm

The Dude wrote:
Not everyone

Yes, everyone.

The film was horrible.

It's like saying only some people can tell ET was a failure.

The Dude wrote:
Glados's development was pretty much thrown in towards the end.

Not really.

The Dude wrote:
They have very similar voices and similar mannerisms

No, I didn't get that. If you so insist, then it's plausible he was probably imitating JK Simmons.

It's not like the man created his very own acting style anyway. I suppose it's fairly common-place acting.

I find it pretty funny how you're basically implying Valve saw Idiocracy and immediately hired Simmons because he sounded like the AI, though.

The Dude wrote:
You need to rewatch the movie.

I'm not going to watch the entire movie just because you tell me one character in one scene reminds you of Johnson.

I looked for the scene online, but found nothing.

The Dude wrote:
I remember that there were these 2 robots from the show when I was a kid. They had their eyes in their torsos, and treated each other just like the robots in Portal 2.

"Just like" the Bots? So they became more human as the story progressed? Did they manage to exhibit actual emotions, despite utilizing a personality processor taken from a math calculator? Something tells me you're exaggerating.

You're the only person who's brought this resemblance up (same for that Idiocracy thing, too), and you're certainly not the only person who saw Jimmy Neutron.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Sexiest Porn-man Since Ron Jeremy
avatar

Posts : 342
Age : 129
Location : Matrix
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Depends on what can be considered common-place acting. They should've at least checked out to see if it hasn't been done already.

Well, of course they exhibited actual emotions and personality, and in a very similar way. Good characters do that.

I'm not over-exaggerating, and I'm definitely not the first to bring it up. You really need to do your research before making such claims.
Back to top Go down
http://lemonparty.org
JustBarney

avatar

Posts : 382
Location : Somewhere, Someplace
Join date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:51 am

How about we STOP FUCKING ARGUING AND ACT LIKE MATURE PEOPLE
Back to top Go down
Emild00d
Internet Fungus
avatar

Posts : 613
Location : Not here
Join date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:09 am

Spoiler:
 

Agreed, stop the arguing.
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

avatar

Posts : 3020
Location : IN HEEEEEEEELL
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:04 am

The Dude wrote:
Depends on what can be considered common-place acting. They should've at least checked out to see if it hasn't been done already.

Should have checked? No, they shouldn't have. It's not their problem you think some guy in Idiocracy vaguely sounds like Cave.

The Dude wrote:
Well, of course they exhibited actual emotions and personality, and in a very similar way. Good characters do that.

Yeah, you're definitely exaggerating.

The Dude wrote:
I'm not over-exaggerating

Well, it certainly seems like you are.

The Dude wrote:
I'm definitely not the first to bring it up.

No, it certainly seems like you are.

The Dude wrote:
You really need to do your research before making such claims.

No, perhaps you could send some video of the scenes in question. Back up your claims before accusing Valve of such inane shit.

You need to stop treating every marginal resemblance as proof that Valve is the big, bad, scary monster, ripping shitty kids' shows and independent comedy films off.

JustBarney wrote:
How about we STOP FUCKING ARGUING AND ACT LIKE MATURE PEOPLE

How about you shut the fuck up?

We are mature. That's why we're having an intelligent argument instead of yelling and swearing and using large fonts like an idiot... like you.

No offense.
Back to top Go down
HAL 9000
Admin of the 21st Reich
avatar

Posts : 530
Join date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:30 am

what's with AntiGravity, Captain?
Back to top Go down
http://agnmi.roflforum.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: *NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?   

Back to top Go down
 
*NOW OFFICIAL LOCKED THREAD FOR TNC AND DOOM'S ARGUMENT* Portal 2 E3 Checklist - Whats left?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Dark Knight Rises (2012) Official Movie Thread
» Marvel Legends Wave 3 Official trade thread
» Team Chloe Thread (Official)
» Best Fight Thread!
» Funny Fights Thread!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
卍 Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information 卐 :: Wasteland-
Jump to: