Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead

HomeRegisterLog in

Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)

Go down 
+3
Cue
Inquisitor Doomlord
TheFurryCleric
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) Empty
PostSubject: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Hey folks! And my dearest friends.

I finally finished my long drawed work on these beautiful HL2 Alpha/2002 weapon recreations! I am proud to present a huge arsenal, that has been crafted and put together over a very short amount of time. All these weapons are compatible as replacements in any Missing Information, or they can even be used as skins for your favorite source games Smile

*old*
A few hours ago i finally put the last work into my HL2 Alpha/2002 recreations. Which basically is, the crowbar, pistol, shotgun and OICW.

On that note, i always made an actual worldmodel of the original HL2 beta shotgun bounce

So lets begin.

Crowbar

Authors description:
Originally i had no intentions on doing the crowbar, more likely just the pistol to try my texturing skills with 3Ds max. I then decided to go even further and make the crowbar aswell. I only wanted to change the textures, as i saw the result i realized how boring it was, and decided to go ahead and change the animations. First i tried the stunbaton/ice axe animations from Beta, sadly they were unsatisfying and i went ahead and picked the ones from Half-life 1. Apperently, they fit perfectly! When i was making this i only aimed for the idle animation. The thumb had to be right in the corner and the crowbar straight up. Seems it worked rather perfectly:
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) ScEyT

Pistol

Authors description:
This was the first of the models i attempted, basically both to try my hand-hacking skills and to do something for the fuck of it. The hand rigging went pretty damn well i must say, after i went ahead and put the textures onto it, they were rather easy to align due to the extreme similarities in the UV map used on the retail pistol.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) PtI0G

OICW

Authors description:
The OICW was the last thing i did, basically just to kinda end out the project in a very sweet fashion. The textures was rather clumsy to apply, as the UV maps had changed ALOT between these and the new textures. But i got it working, and it ended up looking good. I also tried recreating the original scope/lense of the old 2002 OICW.
Props to Doom for the worldmodel texture, all i did was make it much smaller so it would fit the time line better lol.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) F1QVU
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) 3vzbA

Shotgun
Now to what i really spent time and care on, the shotgun. Out of everything this is really what i wanted to do and finish. Originally i was gonna do my own animations for it, but as always 3Ds max is a shit program, and doesn't work when you want it to Neutral
But it didnt stop me! I proceeded and found some very handsom animations, alot in the style of the old days alpha/2002 shotgun animations. Like instead of pumping the handle, the gun is pushed forward within the handle. And the reload. I also moved it alittle further down the screen's right to fit the position of the old:
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) OyxDb
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) FhUzb
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) HVsy3

The bonus

As i was making the 2002/alpha shotgun i got to think of something, wouldn't it be nice with the actual leak shotgun... Instead of the spas12 design used as early as in the beta? Welp i have always wondered, and wonders makes miracles.
I used an entire evening making the viewmodel into a usefull worldmodel. Very Happy
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) YOHZK
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) Pt94P
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) IV63t

Iceaxe
Not much to say about this one, looks alot like the old crappy MI one, but it is truely that from the leak.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) IgHuy
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) RmCvp

Flaregun
Now this is where it starts getting interesting, the flaregun from the leak had broken reload animations (so to say, never finished) so i decided to cook up my own, not that well done nor complete. But for my first EVER serious attempt at an animation, i do say it is rather well done. A video of the reload is available here.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) UzGak
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) P9yaN
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) CDBjB

SMG1 and SMG2
The smg1 is a version of the old "concept" smg1, based on the viewmodel done by MI. The Smg2 is the exact same as in beta.
Both use the old Beta hands, with working animation.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) OoAUP
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) SVCxq

Physcannon and Physgun
Again, not much different. except the Physgun is original beta material, the physcannon has been rerigged with HL2 beta hands.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) UdHIN
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) PayvH

HMG1 Irifle, and Ar1
The Hmg1 has been reskinned to look like the old "Hkgr9" viewmodel found in the beta files, the Irifle has had the hand removed so it appears more beta true. And the ar1 has been put on a different set of animation, as i am sick and tired of people ALLWAYS reusing the one either done by MI, or the other done by god knows who.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) FYqkQ
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) HypsR
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) P9IX7
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) Is06h

Combine guard gun and Immolator
Fixed the old textures on the combine Guard gun from the old beta. A video of both this and the immolator can be found here.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) RfmUO
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) L8k8z
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) Zv30h

Fire Extinguisher and Binoculars
Neither are too interesting, had to fix up the animations for the Fire Extinguisher. The binoculars are directly ported, with no needs of changes.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) V0Wu7
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) 44fTk

Molotov bomb, Bugbait, and Handgrenade.
Here are the 3 weapons that are probably the most interesting, non are really original. All were based on already exsisting animations, mostly of the BB found in Hl2 beta. For the bugbait i had to make a "squezze" animation, which ended up pretty cool.
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) JYA2r
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) HRbfx
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) HXq5J
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) Gmro4
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) J5KUu

S.L.A.M. and the Rocket Launcher
Thanks to doom for senting me the Rocket Launcher model so i could rig some beta hands to it. The SLAM was a clean port, no need for fixes (i wouldnt of wanted to with that many animations anyways XD)
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) 4L68d
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) 4Y8rm
Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) ITkZb

That is all for now.

DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE TO BE AVAILABLE SOON, WE NEED TO WRAP THE LAST BITS UP AND THEN MAKE A RELEASE!

Credits:
Josh Zemlinsky
Doomlord1992
LambdaCore21

Last edited by TheFurryCleric on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Handjob is all I can say
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
Cue

Cue

PostSubject: Re: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 am

pretty cool, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
someone3333
Lieutenant Dick Sponge
someone3333

PostSubject: Re: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Holy fuck.
Back to top Go down
someone3333
Lieutenant Dick Sponge
someone3333

PostSubject: Re: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:41 pm

You've been working hard, I see. So, Is there a project or is this for the hell of it?
Back to top Go down
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

PostSubject: Re: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 am

someone3333 wrote:
You've been working hard, I see. So, Is there a project or is this for the hell of it?

Yes, more like "The hell of it" i guess. I was bored, and felt like doing something unique. It was also a good way to test my 3Ds max skills, and bust some theories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:16 am

Nice work I see there! I'll take a look at those models when you release them! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.avatarmovie.com/
Nivek

Nivek

PostSubject: Re: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:18 am

Can't wait to see it when it's done. =]
Back to top Go down
LambdaCore 21
Drama Queen
LambdaCore 21

PostSubject: Re: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 am

Looking at the progress you've made, i cannot but congratulate you for this, it looks like the stuff i wished in all Leak related mods from the beginning.

you just need the will to do it and you succeed, great job Josh + Doom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)   Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Half-life 2 Alpha/2002 weapon model recreations! (warning; large thread!)
Page 1 of 1