Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead

HomeRegisterLog in

the new steam, and your opinion?

Go down 
+7
Jenkins
Game Hacker
HAL 9000
Crash-Override
Inquisitor Doomlord
TheNewCity
TheFurryCleric
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

the new steam, and your opinion? Empty
PostSubject: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:33 am

soo what do you think of the new steam?
yet, i have noticed alot of bugs and annoying thins.
and, my pc allmost can't take it ;_; (thats kind of funny eh? i can take crysis at second best grahpic. i can run EP2 in full qulaity with no lag.) so how can that be???
and right now (11:30) im updating ep2.. the sucky thing is that i can't use rest of steam meanwhile o.o

the new steam, and your opinion? Thenewsteam

as long as it's doing that crap i can't use steam. well, and the new message sound is too quiet o.o

alse, it's good enough. my rating would be

7/10
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:18 am

Meh, I like it. Had no problems since the beta started (other than that annoying "no language detected" every time I start up Community).
Back to top Go down
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:24 am

*smashs his head down his table* FFS! this new steam is shit... >:/ and really cause of this updating.. i wanna chat with my friends and play games.. not look at a fucking updating screen
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:15 am

i have a shitty pc and i can run it just fine(UP YOURS MODERN PC OWNERS!).other than that i like it.looks cool,sounds better than the old one an runs without problems.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:30 am

some danse are just choose to have probloms with this new steam No
first my furry hating friend, and now me :c
Back to top Go down
Crash-Override
State of the Badass-art
Crash-Override

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 am

*takes a VERY fucking large deep breath...*

its slow is crap its trendy its built PURLY becuase valve is going onto mac now and they want mac users to sit there and sayOMG THIS LOOKS SO MUCH PRETTIER MUCH PRETTYER THAN ANYTHING PC CAN DO ARF ARF BWAAAAAH I R MAC USER!!
it STILL doesn't dl stuff propaly, IT STILL doesn't work propaly in offline mode, it doesn't download the icons i want for my start menu, it crashes even more, you have to sit and keep re-sending bought games for people becuase valve have fucked up the the delivery system, doomlord you are wrong about its speed old steam used about 30 meg of ram compared to the new shitty OMG WE LOVE MAc system which is useing 150 meg of ram, ive been redownloading my ENTIRE games list dew to a format and every single one ive dl'ed has said "STEAM HAV R FRAGMENTED UR GAME!!" so then i have to sit there and wait for about 2 hours for it to all defrag I mean jesus fucking christ i could go on AND DID on the steam forums, AND STILL from valves mouth they say "we don't have the staff to sort all these things quickly!!"
YOU ARE COMPANY MADE UP OF MOSTLY CODERS!!! STOP BULLSHITTING AND JUST ADMIT YOUR LAZY!!!
but i digress my argument atm is directed at steam so on goes the laundry list of bugs:
ALL THE SOUNDS valve ripped from other games (you'll notice the BOOP sound when you get messaged can befound in x-com and even resident evil so they havn't really done anything that anyone else hasn't)

oh and the greatest....GREATEST thing of all is valve are saying they wan't steam to be a social networking program for freinds.....steam isnt for SOCIAL NETWORKING, i don't wanna talk to gimps that think they are gamers. I simply want to log on, download a fucking update if nessesary and go gameing. I dont wanna sit there and get "this shmuck has invited you to talk to these other brain washed faggy mac loving cunts, do you want to accept?" NO!! FUCK OFF AND DIE AND STOP SPOILING THE LAST LITTLE BIT OF FREEDOM AND LVOE WE PC GAMERS HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum
HAL 9000
Admin of the 21st Reich
HAL 9000

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 am

Crash-Override wrote:

[...] I dont wanna sit there and get "this shmuck has invited you to talk to these other brain washed faggy mac loving cunts, do you want to accept?" NO!! FUCK OFF AND DIE AND STOP SPOILING THE LAST LITTLE BIT OF FREEDOM AND LVOE WE PC GAMERS HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolcry this truth is full of awesomeness
Back to top Go down
http://agnmi.roflforum.net
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:37 am

you sir (crash override) wins affraid
Back to top Go down
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:06 pm

and is it just me, or does this new message sound, sounds like the button select sound in Mech worrior 3??? o.o
Back to top Go down
Game Hacker
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€” I AM A NAZI |===| THE SHAME OF MANKIND ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Maybe they should hook fagintosh users to a different steam server, My dads been brain washed by them, so sad to see another pc fan go...
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:23 pm

New steam UI is pretty good but...

What's the point of having the ability to add things to categories but no way to display the list sorted into those categories confused

the new steam, and your opinion? W2fps
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:43 am

The new steam looks okay, but it wastes a lot of space in the borders (and such). Also, I never could learn to like the color scheme (gray on gray? really Valve?), so I downloaded a skin from Fpsbanana to make the new UI resemble the old one a bit more.

Oh, and the new sound sucks ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myaperturelabs.com
Crash-Override
State of the Badass-art
Crash-Override

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:49 am

i'd agree on the new sounds sven but all valve did was ripoff Microprose and took them for X-Com, nothing more...
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:16 am

Sven wrote:
Oh, and the new sound sucks ass.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
Crash-Override
State of the Badass-art
Crash-Override

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:55 am

why though i could do the same in 5 mins :S
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:28 am

The new sounds is still 10x better than the old one...

Actually bareable enough to have it on

Stolen from Love Tub
Back to top Go down
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:37 am

it's sooo quiet that i can't hear it in game Surprised

it makes me think im deaf sometimes <.<
Back to top Go down
Crash-Override
State of the Badass-art
Crash-Override

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:38 am

no what would be nice if we were allowed to put our OWN sounds in, that would be nice but tbh i'd rather have the old ones to Valve taking them from x-com and sayiong LOOK WE CREATED COOL SOUNDS!! yeah sorry microprose did that over 15 yerars ago, get over yourself valve....
Back to top Go down
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:43 am

yeah :s should be like with windows :v
you can easly change the sounds on windows... did that at the school ones XD so everytime a program failed it had that conscript scream llololol

LONG LIVE THE CONSCRIPTS! Salute
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:49 am

TheFurryCleric wrote:
yeah :s should be like with windows :v
you can easly change the sounds on windows... did that at the school ones XD so everytime a program failed it had that conscript scream llololol

LONG LIVE THE CONSCRIPTS! Salute

hahaha ive always wanted to put the sound "Trinity...HELP!" whenever i get a message rofl
Back to top Go down
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:52 am

lol yeah XD
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:57 am

Wait a minute... this looks familiar... YES I've seen this before...

You were lying there and i stand over here and i'm.. supposed.. to.. say something..

Yes i say "Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo" lol!
Back to top Go down
OkibiHatake

OkibiHatake

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:05 pm

I can't even get my steam to work outside of garrysmod....
Back to top Go down
sfc3

sfc3

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Steam/Linux? http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODIyOQ
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Stop posting that old link. Valve has already confirmed it. http://kotaku.com/5537835/report-reckons-steam-coming-to-linux-too Check the Telegraph link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the new steam, and your opinion?   the new steam, and your opinion? Empty

Back to top Go down

the new steam, and your opinion?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next