Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead

HomeRegisterLog in

for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crash-Override
State of the Badass-art
Crash-Override

for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!! Empty
PostSubject: for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!   for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:50 am

and it has FINALLY arrived (sort of!)

ladies, gentlemen...I give you, STALKER, THE LOST ALPHA!!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

this, children and ameoba, is Lost Alpha. For those that don't know, STALKER had a very nice history.
Originaly being called OBLIVION LOST, stalker was ment to be QUITE differnt to how we see it now.
Take fo3's world, most ofit can be explored and such and the only load sequences are that of entering a building, or getting
to a sealed off peice of washington. Well STALKER used to be in this vision of a massive mp world, with vehicles, weapon
upgrades and such (unfortunatly GSC world was rushed to much by THQ and was abadoned and turned into the stalker we know
and tbh isn't THAT bad....just stupidly hard at times). This mod brings it back those times. Each map from Stalker is in this mod, with all the bits cut out of the final release put back in (GARBAGE used to be MUCH bigger, and yantar had a power station inside the map and such) there were also what were called "TRANSISSION MAPS". Basicaly inbetween each MAIN map (asin where the player could walk) there was a viehicle map, maps made PURLY to drive round (and or fly round in a helicopter, thats right the old version had a flyable Hind-D).

Not only this, but blow outs were common (the sky would go blood red, radiation fills the zone and people and mutants go mad), rats would swarm in HUGE numbers, cat like enemies, blood suckers would grab you and drink you blood, aswell as drinking the blood of dead stalkers (all these animations were cut in final release HOWEVER they are in call of pripyat...but call of pripyat is FAR to small map wise). over 60 weapons most of which didnt get put into final release (MP7, FN 2000, minigun, silencers and such are but a small amount of things cut), TONES AND TONES of maps were axed, vehicles as i said completely gone although they remain as sceneary in game, about 3 differnt lab missions were cut (EVEN MORE atmosphereic and scary than the ones put in game)

These guys are BEYOND ANYTHING in the HL2 community....and this is why the hl2 community is failing.......I wish you lot would all just say fuck it and make one big mod, everyone doing something.....it is possible you know
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!   for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:54 am

Gonna install S.T.A.L.K.E.R again just to try this out Very good!
As for the leak community it's not failing.It's been dead for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
Crash-Override
State of the Badass-art
Crash-Override

PostSubject: Re: for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!   for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:29 am

not just leak mon hl2 community aswell fullstop
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!   for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:32 am

Crash-Override wrote:
not just leak mon hl2 community aswell fullstop

yeah i agree with you there
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
LambdaCore 21
Drama Queen
LambdaCore 21

PostSubject: Re: for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!   for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:33 am

[GrammarNazi]apart from the "dreamt" in the header of the mod[/GrammarNazi], i have to say this looks leaky cyclops
Back to top Go down
Crash-Override
State of the Badass-art
Crash-Override

PostSubject: Re: for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!   for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:40 am

I'll ignore the grammar nazi bit purly for the fact we have 2 wars on you lambda and might one add won both, mwhahaha (I kid mon) but seriously its VERY leaky lambda, like did you know one of the STALKER builds used CS source beta sounds because they had nothing else to work with at the time?? lol also gordon freeman himself (although dead) is in STALKER. ALOT of the textures back in those days looked beta like aswell (I.E the old STALKER builds again) so i wouldn't be surpised if they borrowed a bit more here and there Wink
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!   for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:37 am

Crash-Override wrote:
I'll ignore the grammar nazi bit purly for the fact we have 2 wars on you lambda and might one add won both, mwhahaha (I kid mon) but seriously its VERY leaky lambda, like did you know one of the STALKER builds used CS source beta sounds because they had nothing else to work with at the time?? lol also gordon freeman himself (although dead) is in STALKER. ALOT of the textures back in those days looked beta like aswell (I.E the old STALKER builds again) so i wouldn't be surpised if they borrowed a bit more here and there Wink

Most STALKER builds borrowed sounds. I think they even stole some flashlight decal from Doom 3 and HL2 which they left in for the retail build.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!   for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!! Empty

Back to top Go down

for 6 long years, I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT!!
Page 1 of 1