Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead

HomeRegisterLog in

list of my fave movies N why

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
katatonic717
—————————————— I AM A NAZI |===| THE SHAME OF MANKIND ——————————————

Location : Aimlessly wandering the cybernetic void... Searching for a home...

list of my fave movies N why Empty
PostSubject: list of my fave movies N why   list of my fave movies N why EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:59 pm

(No particular order)

1> District-9: blew my fucking mind and is extremely creative
2> Shaun of the Dead: Zombies have never been funnier
3> StarWars Orig trilogy: if you dont know what this is, gtfo
4> Fantastic Mr.Fox: Furries and I'm a sucker for a good stop-motion
5> The Incredibles: My fave Pixar movie, if you dont like Pixar you're fucking crazy

<I MAY ADD MORE, IM HALF ASLEEP RIGHT NOW AND JUST NEEDED SOMETHING TO DO>
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: list of my fave movies N why   list of my fave movies N why EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:28 am

very hard to pick top 5 since ive been watching movies for about 21 years now lol...

i could probably pick a top 5 per genre (no particular order)...

Action:
- Kiss Of The Dragon --Best Jet Li movie
- Crank -- awesome Jason Statham
- Romeo Must Die -- another awesome Jet Li film
- Snake Eyes -- fave Nick Cage movie
- Bad Boys (1 & 2) -- First one has a better feel but the second has way better action and cinematography

Animation:
- Ghost In The Shell -- One of the best anime movies ever.
- Cowboy Bebop -- very awesome jazz anime feel movie
- Titan AE -- very spiritual and awesome
- Evangelion: Death & Rebirth -- not as good as the series but sums it all up nicely
- The Incredibles -- yes Kata i agree, best Pixar movie and quite enjoyable for all ages

Comedy:
- Loaded Weapon -- Emelio Estavez's finest work
- Hot Shots -- my fave Charlie Sheen film
- Bruce Almighty -- Best Jim Carrey movie
- Me, Myself & Irene -- another awesome Carrey film (closely followed by Liar Liar)
- Orgazmo -- Some of Trey Parker & Matt Stones finest work

Drama:
- K-Pax (not really sci-fi so yeah) -- Very compelling story, love it
- Fresh -- Depressing but very well done
- American Beauty -- Very artsy type film, also depressing and very well made

Sci-Fi:
- The Matrix Collection (I, II, III, Animatrix) -- What can i say these are the greatest films of all time imo Smile
- Terminator 1,2 & 4 - Call me crazy but i love the 4th over any others, the 3rd sucked
- The Day The Earth Stood Still (remake) -- I prefer this remake not because of Keanu Reeves but because of the drama Smile
- District 9 -- Also agree with you Kata, very creative and very unique and original film. Sometimes you forget that it's sci fi
- Men In Black (1 & 2) -- Probably some of Will Smiths best work, the first was much better but the second wraps up the story well.

As you might be able to tell, i love kung fu, decent anime, slapstick comedy and looooooooove sci fi... there are many more things to add to sci fi like aeon flux, alpha force, iRobot, the one, fifth element, chronicles of riddick, blade, 10.5, sunshine ugh i could be here all night naming sci fi movies i like lol...
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: list of my fave movies N why   list of my fave movies N why EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:15 am

Jenkins wrote:
very hard to pick top 5 since ive been watching movies for about 21 years now lol...

i could probably pick a top 5 per genre (no particular order)...

Action:
- Kiss Of The Dragon --Best Jet Li movie
- Crank -- awesome Jason Statham
- Romeo Must Die -- another awesome Jet Li film
- Snake Eyes -- fave Nick Cage movie
- Bad Boys (1 & 2) -- First one has a better feel but the second has way better action and cinematography

Animation:
- Ghost In The Shell -- One of the best anime movies ever.
- Cowboy Bebop -- very awesome jazz anime feel movie
- Titan AE -- very spiritual and awesome
- Evangelion: Death & Rebirth -- not as good as the series but sums it all up nicely
- The Incredibles -- yes Kata i agree, best Pixar movie and quite enjoyable for all ages

Comedy:
- Loaded Weapon -- Emelio Estavez's finest work
- Hot Shots -- my fave Charlie Sheen film
- Bruce Almighty -- Best Jim Carrey movie
- Me, Myself & Irene -- another awesome Carrey film (closely followed by Liar Liar)
- Orgazmo -- Some of Trey Parker & Matt Stones finest work

Drama:
- K-Pax (not really sci-fi so yeah) -- Very compelling story, love it
- Fresh -- Depressing but very well done
- American Beauty -- Very artsy type film, also depressing and very well made

Sci-Fi:
- The Matrix Collection (I, II, III, Animatrix) -- What can i say these are the greatest films of all time imo Smile
- Terminator 1,2 & 4 - Call me crazy but i love the 4th over any others, the 3rd sucked
- The Day The Earth Stood Still (remake) -- I prefer this remake not because of Keanu Reeves but because of the drama Smile
- District 9 -- Also agree with you Kata, very creative and very unique and original film. Sometimes you forget that it's sci fi
- Men In Black (1 & 2) -- Probably some of Will Smiths best work, the first was much better but the second wraps up the story well.

As you might be able to tell, i love kung fu, decent anime, slapstick comedy and looooooooove sci fi... there are many more things to add to sci fi like aeon flux, alpha force, iRobot, the one, fifth element, chronicles of riddick, blade, 10.5, sunshine ugh i could be here all night naming sci fi movies i like lol...

Finally someone who's like me and doesn't hate all sequels and remakes!

Hm... it's hard to pick only a few. I'll just list most of my favorite movies.

Terminator series (3rd only with reedits, 4th... NO), Dark City, Batman 1989, District 9, the original Star Wars trilogy, Blade Runner, The Thing, Matrix (2nd and 3rd... meh, work better with reedits), Fifth Element, the first Robocop, the Alien series (first 3), Apocalypse Now, Predator, Akira, the Batman animated films, Omega Man, Lost Highway, Taxi Driver, Full Metal Jacket, 2001.

Last edited by TheNewCity on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:57 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crash-Override
State of the Badass-art
Crash-Override

PostSubject: Re: list of my fave movies N why   list of my fave movies N why EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:32 am

.......JENKINS YOU ARE DISAPOINT!

terminator 4? that glorified toy advert!? for shame...(and christian bale was an idiot in it :/ ) Lets make robots that fire out bikes! got a better idea...why not just make one big robot (like cameron did) that basicaly roles over any building (and or car/human...like cameron did) that comes in its way....oh no...we have to have giant mechs that look almost EXACTLY like an avatar from CnC 3...that fires bikes..............BURN HOLLYWOOD, BURN! OH! and F.Y.I for everyone here, most of the budget of terminator 3 went to arnie, and just to get that small, shitty, 5 minute CGI action bit opf him, he was payed alot for that to....

Crash's fav movies:

Alien 1, 2 and 3: <BEST, SERIES, EVER!
Terminator 1, 2 <Camerons best work
Blade Runner <nothing i could type could sum this film up....
The Thing <THE ULTIMATE paranoir head fuck film
Short Circuit <Robot that gains sentiance and loves TV...need i say more
Toys <Love it, nough said
Star Wars 3, 4 and 5 <best fantasy film set
Old 80's Transformers Cartoon (and no i wasn't one of those that cried when optimus coped it...I cried when starscream did though Sad )
Dark Star <...it has a talking, world cracking bomb that depressed and wants to blow up...not saying anything else
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: list of my fave movies N why   list of my fave movies N why Empty

Back to top Go down

list of my fave movies N why
Page 1 of 1