Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead

HomeRegisterLog in

Main inspirations for my music

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenkins

Jenkins

Main inspirations for my music Empty
PostSubject: Main inspirations for my music   Main inspirations for my music EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Thought i would post some of the main inspirations for my music

(in no particular order)

(Water Fall by Sam Reeve - techno)

If you like electronic music i suggest given them all a listen Smile

There is alot more i could put here but they aren't on youtube.

Enjoy! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Main inspirations for my music   Main inspirations for my music EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:14 am

Some really awesome stuff here. Listened to some before (Amon and Klepacki Very Happy ), but haven't checked out others.
Back to top Go down
TheFurryCleric
AGNMI Furry
TheFurryCleric

PostSubject: Re: Main inspirations for my music   Main inspirations for my music EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:39 am

I really love the Generals Zero Hour soundtracks =3
specialy this one ^^
nice stuff tho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Main inspirations for my music   Main inspirations for my music EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:12 am

TheFurryCleric wrote:
I really love the Generals Zero Hour soundtracks =3
specialy this one ^^
nice stuff tho Very Happy

Yeah they are composed by Bill Brown... he did the Generals OST aswell but Steve Jablonsky took over when EA made cnc3, ra3 and cnc4. Steve also did the OST for the recent transformers movies.
Out of all the EA staff that i know of those 2 guys are very original and also very good at what they do, they are actually Freelance composers so technically they aren't EA staff.

A few details i wanna add to this list;

• I first heard Jega on a BBC Radio1 Kode9 mix of the burial album "Untrue". Jega is alot like VVM and Auteche who are both very experimental sound artists.

• Amon Tobin and DJ Krush were first shown to me about 5 years ago by an old friend who was into underground music. Since that time i have yet to hear a song from both artists that i don't like.
    Tobin is just about the greatest Brazilian musician and possibly the greatest electronica artist ever, and Krush is probably the greatest Japanese Trip-Hop/Alternative Electronica to ever walk this earth.

• Frank Klepacki is a damn genius because of the way he fuses Rock with Electronica, effectively inventing and defining the genre known as "Rocktronica"

• Burial is completely out of this world. If aliens were to send a musical transmission to earth, it would contain music similar to Burial lol.

• Joker is one of the only Dubstep artist that i truly think has supreme talent. He is about the same age as me and Hart yet he has the producer skills of someone who has been in the business for decades.
    Joker's music is both fresh and complex while sounding quite simple. Both he and his mate "Ginz" are fantastic dubstep producers.

• CV[ev] is an alias for VVM as mentioned earlier. He has about 25 different aliases and like me, never sticks with the same type of music each track.

• The tracks from Wipeout PURE were an immediate inspiration because of the great choice of artists. I actually bought this album from my local music store because of how much i like the tracks (was shocked when i saw it there)

• Pendulum are now a world-wide hit group but i knew them long before they were famous. Being an Aussie group they are very inspirational on how a no-name electronica group playing at small clubs and outdoor raves can jump to world-wise status practically overnight. I saw these guys play live many years ago at an outdoor rave and they were amazing. Only cost me $20 to get in aswell and they played alot of first version songs that they are famous for now. Was the most awesome electronica event i've ever been to.

• Prodigy are probably one of the first electronic artists i was ever interested in. Their most famous songs aren't that appealing to me anymore simply because they have been played way too much. But Firestarter and Minefields are probably my most favourite and inspirational of their tracks.

• Calyx & Teebee would probably be the best drum & bass artists that i've heard. That's just my opinion anyway. In particular their BBC Radio1 One extra 2007 mix, awesome spectacle of sound.

• An honourable mention would be Bomfunk MCs. Even tho i got tired of their songs, BBoys Fly Girls is still very much a timeless classic, some of the best commercial breaks around.

• Another honourable mention would go out Kenji Kawai, the main composer of the music from Ghost In The Shell. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Main inspirations for my music   Main inspirations for my music EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Quote :
Frank Klepacki is a damn genius because of the way he fuses Rock with Electronica, effectively inventing and defining the genre known as "Rocktronica"

I prefer to call Frank's stuff Industrial, partly since the definition on that is already pretty screwed up, the stuff he did on RA was pretty close to that, and genres are screwed up as it is, but glad to see we share a lot of music in common Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
someone3333
Lieutenant Dick Sponge
someone3333

PostSubject: Re: Main inspirations for my music   Main inspirations for my music EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Nice to see a bit of pendulum mixed in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main inspirations for my music   Main inspirations for my music Empty

Back to top Go down

Main inspirations for my music
Page 1 of 1