Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead

HomeRegisterLog in

Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline

Go down 
+3
Sven
TheNewCity
TheCaptain943
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCaptain943
I'm the Captain. End of story
TheCaptain943

Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline Empty
PostSubject: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Well, after TNC presented his version of the Storyline, i want to show mine, too.
First of all, there are 2 Campaigns. The First is Gordon, the second is through the eyes of a Rebel, and plays during the 7-Hour-War and the first Years after (acts as a Prequel).
__
Misc Stuff:
Citadel: The Citadel appears as a giant Tower made of Metal. But inside the Metallic Hull, there are Organs like a giant Heart n Stuff. Also, the Citadel has "roots" which dig down into the ground to use thermal Energy. Because of these Roots some Places have giant Holes in the Ground, where you can see those roots (later an Example)

Conscripts =/= Rebels: There are Conscripts AND Rebels. The Conscripts are the cheap troops of the combine, doing nasty jobs like keep the Outer wall secure or defend important Points against Antlions. But they support the Rebels with Food, Weapons and more.
__
There are 3 Acts, each one with 2 or 3 Chapters.

Act 1: Station 17
Chapter 1: Station 17

- Gordon finds himself in a small forest, a city is far away (similar to EP2s first PortalStorm)
Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline Hl22010-08-0319-34-07-0eyp

- The Gman is next to him. "Beautiful, isnt it; Mr Freeman?"

- The Landscape turns into a Wasteland, the trees were dead, the river dried out, and the city skyline
changes. "20 years can be a long time, Mr Freeman...long enough for Humanity to swallow its pride
and accept its common fate. Long enough for the first scars of whiplash to begin to heal. Long
enough to forget how things used to be. But you wont have forgotten, Mr Freeman. You still remember
how the air used to taste. You remember how Freedom felt. You remember...the Sky."

- Gordon was flashed by a bright light. He was now in a old Train.

- Gordons Train drives through the Wasteland, where he sees wrecked Ships, submarines and so on.
After that, Gordon sees the Canals, first the Wasteland Part, then the Industrialpart. After that,
the train reaches the old Docks with the Outer Wall. Because Combine dont care about old
human-built-Buildings, the Traintracks lead through an old apartement through the Ruins of Old City/ C17
to the Trainstation in the Industrial Part of the City.

- Gordon meets Samuel, im pretty sure everybody here knows him, so no description.
(He´ll guide the Player through Industrial)

- The Trainstation itself is HEAVILY basing on the Work of Viktor Antonov (i love this guy, his concepts
are awesome.)
Ground Floor
Basic View
Ground Floor 2

- Gordon and Samuel walk through the Security and meet Barney. Barney tells Samuel to guide Gordon to the Manhack Arcade.
They use a backdoor, and get to the Industrial/ Garage Part of C17/New City.
Factories there:
  • Cremator Factory with Childworkers
  • Stenographers Chasm
  • Stalkers who weld smth
  • Buidling FULL with Vorticells
  • The APC Garage
  • Some other Factories

- They Walk down the Main Street of the Industrial Part, where Gordon cant proceed, because he isnt a valid Citizen. Samuel brings him to a Backyard, which leads to a ruined Part of City 17, named Abadoned Area. Samuel waits for Gordon at the Plaza.

- The Abadoned Area is a destroyed Part of City 17, featuring a destroyed Appartementblock, a old Church, the Construction Yard and a old, rusty Playground. Gordon leaves the Area through the Sewers under the Construction Yard, which lead him to a backyard near the Plaza.
Ze Church

- At the Plaza, Gordon and Samuel take the Bus to the Center of the City.

- The Busride, similar to the c17_road maps, shows how it is to be a citizen. Example: a kid is running away, a Metrocop and Synth Elite follow him. The Mother wants to protect her child, and gets beaten to death. The kid knees down and starts crying
Crying or Very sad.

- The Busride ends at the Consul/Breencastplaza, where they go on, on foot. They walk down a small alley, to the Arcade near the Vance/ Conscript HQ. They meet Barney in a Maintenance room, where Barney sends them off to Kleiner. They use the Steamtunnels near the Radiotower, see some hobos down there, and get to Kleiners Lab.

Last edited by TheCaptain943 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheCaptain76561197997145833
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Pretty nice. Very cool ideas here. It does take a few liberties, though. I didn't go too in-depth with my version.
Back to top Go down
TheCaptain943
TheCaptain943

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 pm

TheNewCity wrote:
It does take a few liberties, though.
Thats because its My Ideas + Beta + Retail. For Example; AirEx doesnt appear in Gordons Campaign, but in the Rebel one.
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:36 pm

TheCaptain943 wrote:
TheNewCity wrote:
It does take a few liberties, though.
Thats because its My Ideas + Beta + Retail. For Example; AirEx doesnt appear in Gordons Campaign, but in the Rebel one.
My own personal timeline is similar. That is, the combination between retail and beta. I'm glad that my thread could inspire everyone's creative/imaginative side.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myaperturelabs.com
katatonic717
—————————————— I AM A NAZI |===| THE SHAME OF MANKIND ——————————————

Location : Aimlessly wandering the cybernetic void... Searching for a home...

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:38 pm

sweet, this is my favorite story line so far

do you happen to know capt'n crunch?
I heard he's a real asshole
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:54 am

katatonic717 wrote:
do you happen to know capt'n crunch?
I heard he's a real asshole

wat

Anyways, this is pretty awesome, but it's kinda more like fanfiction, where as mine was trying to fill in Valve's blanks. Still, looking forward to seeing more.
Back to top Go down
TheCaptain943
TheCaptain943

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:43 am

TheNewCity wrote:
it's kinda more like fanfiction, where as mine was trying to fill in Valve's blanks. Still, looking forward to seeing more.
True, true... but because of that its my version of the old storyline, because there are over 4 different Mods who try to bring back the RTB Storyline; GayBen, Pissing Infogaytion, HL2: Betasource, Project Terminal etc.. So i want to show smth more original, something that wasnt there before
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheCaptain943
TheCaptain943

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:51 am

New Misc. Stuff:

Children and the Suspression Field: In My Version, there are children, but also a Suspression Field. The Field just decreases the Number of Successful birthings, so that the count of humanity can be controlled.
__
Like I said, there are 2 Campaigns, one with Gordon, one with a Rebel. What do you want to hear next? The Beginning of the Rebelcampaign or Chapter Two of Gordons Mission?
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:08 am

Moar Gordon Cordon.
Back to top Go down
TheCaptain943
TheCaptain943

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 am

Chapter 2: Old Friends

- Gordon and Samuel took the Way through the Steamtunnels. They get attacked by a Skitch, and meet Alyx (use Alyx & Skitch Vignette here)
- Barney arrives shortly after Gordon and Samuel, and Kleiner begins to argue with him (Why on earth did you bring him here, Barney?)
- Conference with Mossman and Eli, Teleport to Kraken Base. Teleport Failure due to a cat-and-mouse game featuring Skitch and Lamarr, Gordon crawls out of the destroyed Teleport. Kleiner, Barney, Samuel and Alyx are running away, Kleiner gets knocked out by a flying prop, Samuel gets injured. Alyx is helping Samuel and Kleiner, Barney guides Gordon to a door leading to the Underground.
- d1_under_02, 03, 04, 05,
- Hydra Cave (d3_under_02/d1_under_06) After fighting through the Hydras Lair, Gordon takes the Elevator to a Rebel/Hobo Camp in the Canals.
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Shocked nice iteration of the story man
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum
TheCaptain943
TheCaptain943

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Chapter 3: Scrapyard

Note: This Chapter plays mainly in the Canals, which are connected with City 17/New City and Ravenholms Quarry.

- Gordon arrives at a Rebel/Hobocamp, where he sees how the Resistance is forced to use EVERYTHING they can find.
They guide him to the outer Wall, allowing him to get down into the Wastelandpart of the Canals. (maps like canals_01_15)
- Gordon comes to the Industrial part of the canals, shit like this.
- After that, he comes to the canals near Ravenholm, a featuring ZIS and ZIS too and ZIS FOR SURE.
- Gordon arrives then at the FLOODED Quarry, which is flooded due to the destruction of the AirEx-Dam in the Rebelcampaign, looking a bit like THIS.
- Gordon enters now the Scrapyard, and the lab inside a canyon.
- Gordon meets Eli and Alyx, Skitch and Dog are doing some shit around. You´ll get the Gravity Gun, and maybe you do some practice with it.
- The Place gets attacked by Combine, and Gordon has to go to Ravenholm, much like in retail.
___
End of the first Act.

Upcoming:
Act 2: Scorched Earth
Chapter 1: Ravenholm (WIP NAME)

Last edited by TheCaptain943 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:19 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down
TheCaptain943
TheCaptain943

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:38 pm

So, because i have not much ideas for Ravenholm, i will start nao with the Rebel Campaign

Rebel
Act 1: WIP (need a good english name, the german would be "Spätfolgen"; BM Indicent just happened and now Russia gets invaded)
Chapter 1: Escape (WIP Name)

- You play a Russian Guy who sits in a bar, Maybe like this. Russian Music plays. Suddenly there is a Loud Sound, the ground shakes, maybe there are bottles or other props flying around.

- You can see a one or more (3 at max) Portalstorms, and Combine Troops (i like
this idea) coming out of them.

- You are running down the street, and some synth troops are blocking the way, so you run into a backyard.
There is a open door, which let you into the appartements. You head to the roof, and you can see burning buildings, and a gunship destroying a whole appartement block.

- You run over some roofs, then there is THIS.
You jump down the canals, and get into the underground. There you flee from some Manhacks, and reach a Swamp outside of the City.

- You run through the forest, and you can see how some people get killed by Hunters (YES, the EP2 Hunters!). You reach a small shack, where you aquire a melee weapom, a iceaxe. You cant go outside because of Hunters, so you go through a trapdoor, which leads you into a small tunnel, who brings you to an old Mining-building-shit-thing, where other citizens are waiting.
__
Tell me what you think! And also please post ideas for the Ravenholm levels!

Back to top Go down
TheCaptain943
TheCaptain943

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:22 am

Its Been a Loooooooong time since my last Post, and actually i posted the parts i planned out the most, so here is a basic overview of ze Locations:

Gordon:
Gman
Trainride (Wasteland, C17 Docks/Outer Wall, Old City Ruins/ Inner Wall)
Trainstation
Industrial
Factories (Cremator, Stalker, Stenographers Chasm etc)
Abadoned Area (Ze Church, Appartements, Construction Yard)
Terminal Plaza
Busride
Breencast Plaza (Hackade / Conscript HQ)
Radio Tower (Steamtunnels)
Kleiners Lab
Underground (Hydras Lair aka d3_under_02)
Canals (Hobocamp, C17 Canals, Industrial Canals, Outer Wall, Wasteland Canals)
Scrapyard (Eli´s Den)
Ravenholm
Shorepoint Base
Coast (NLO, Northern Petrol aka e3_seafloor, Lighhouse Point, Vortigaunt Camp, Anttunnels featuring Ant Queen)
Depot (Lighhouse, Gunship Bays, Cell Block, Cafeteria, Depot Entrance, Teleport)
Kraken
Borealis (escape via Submarine)
Kraken
Monastery near C17
Vertigo
Streetwar
Under
Citadel

Back to top Go down
TheCaptain943
TheCaptain943

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:34 am

Rebel:
C17 Bar
Rooftops
C17 Canals
Outlands
Fort Lambda
Caves
Rebel Outpost
Outlands
AirEx
Outlands
Hunting Party
Aperture Science
Canals
Scrapyard
Quarry Ravenholm
Shore Point
Wasteland Train Support Station 33 RGW
Depot
"LG Orbifold"
C17
Breen Assassination
Escape
Citadel/Breens Office
Incinerator
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:47 am

nice shit u got there mate
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
Emild00d
Internet Fungus
Emild00d

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:56 am

This is inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline   Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline Empty

Back to top Go down

Captain´s Version of the Half-Life 2 Storyline
Page 1 of 1