Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead

HomeRegisterLog in

Golden Charity for Child's Play

Go down 
+5
Jenkins
Evil Genius
TheNewCity
kgprodigalist
Sven
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sven

Sven

Golden Charity for Child's Play Empty
PostSubject: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Copy-Pasted from the myApertureLabs version of this. Sorry.
Sven wrote:

Golden Charity for Child's Play Goldencharity
I'm sure as many of you are aware, the Engineer class (pictured above) from the game Team Fortress 2 recently received his own class update (the final out of a total of 9 classes). In celebration of this (and in a Willy Wonka fashion), Valve created 100 promotional items that (supposedly) dropped randomly. These items were known as Golden Wrenches, a purely cosmetic weapon for the Engineer.

Enter WiNGSPANNT. As owner of Golden Wrench number 31, he decided that this cosmetic (and what proved to be controversial) item would be "better served destroyed than remaining to exist." He created the Golden Charity Event for Child's Play, a respected charity that donates movies, games, toys, and other goods to children's hospitals around the country. On August 31st, he, along with 7 other Golden Wrench holders, will destroy their Golden Wrenches in a "public event" that will be held on a server (More information can be found at the bottom of this post).

Thus far, the charity has raised over $9,300 for Child's Play.

I personally plan on donating to this cause. I hope that you will do the same. Very Happy

If you are interested in donating, or if you want more information, please visit these pages:

Golden Charity home page
>http://www.toptiertactics.com/golden-charity/
Steam-Powered User Forums topic
>http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368437
Back to top Go down
http://www.myaperturelabs.com
kgprodigalist

kgprodigalist

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:20 pm

FAIL EPIC FAIL
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:32 pm

kgprodigalist wrote:
FAIL EPIC FAIL
It's a charity! D:

Regardless of whether or not you care about the wrenches, you can still donate to the charity.
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:16 am

Sorry Sven, but this is pretty silly. Anyone can donate whenever they want, whether or not they're destroying some silly goddamn item no one will ever get again.

:dracshrug:

I'm heartless.
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:33 am

WTF IS THIS
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:47 am

Nevermind, this is actually pretty interesting. Ceva genul "Apa trece, Romania ramane", Evil? =P
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:42 am

Golden Charity for Child's Play DoYouSpeakEnglish

:P

Also the charity thing is a good idea :O
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum
katatonic717
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€” I AM A NAZI |===| THE SHAME OF MANKIND ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

Location : Aimlessly wandering the cybernetic void... Searching for a home...

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 am

kgprodigalist wrote:
FAIL EPIC FAIL

your a douchebag

ITS A CHARITY, FOR TEH CHILDRENS!!!

Back to top Go down
katatonic717
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€” I AM A NAZI |===| THE SHAME OF MANKIND ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

Location : Aimlessly wandering the cybernetic void... Searching for a home...

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:31 am

TheNewCity wrote:
Sorry Sven, but this is pretty silly. Anyone can donate whenever they want, whether or not they're destroying some silly goddamn item no one will ever get again.

:dracshrug:

I'm heartless.

yes but people need motivation to donate

and for tf2 players this is alot

(donates 20$)
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:36 am

TheNewCity wrote:
Nevermind, this is actually pretty interesting. Ceva genul "Apa trece, Romania ramane", Evil? =P

Yeah, but it's very strange. Get money for deleting something that isn't real and then send the money to charity Suspect I wonder if Valve even knows about it
Back to top Go down
terminators cousin

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:39 am

Evil Genius wrote:
TheNewCity wrote:

Yeah, but it's very strange. Get money for deleting something that isn't real and then send the money to charity Suspect I wonder if Valve even knows about it

they do know about it check the blog http://www.teamfortress.com/
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Just to make things clear   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:52 am

I'm just doing some advertising work for it; it's not my charity.

I thought that by at least letting this event be known here, it might get some more support from this community. Very Happy It's a good cause; the wrench itself is just an incentive (a poor incentive, but an incentive).

Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:53 am

Sven wrote:

I thought that by at least letting this event be known here, it might get some more support from this community. Very Happy It's a good cause; the wrench itself is just an incentive (a poor incentive, but an incentive).

Heh, we know Sven. I actually had to post this up on LambdaGen. Giving Toxis some publicity did seem much more fair.
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:39 pm

TheNewCity wrote:
Sven wrote:

Heh, we know Sven. I actually had to post this up on LambdaGen. Giving Toxis some publicity did seem much more fair.

And thank you again for that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:40 pm

No problem Smile
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:12 pm

TheNewCity wrote:
Sven wrote:

Free publicity is always a good thing. Toxis gets some, myApertureLabs gets some, and the charity benefits. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Well, to be fair, I promoted the charity itself, on its own site, not Aperturelabs.
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:34 pm

TheNewCity wrote:
Well, to be fair, I promoted the charity itself, on its own site, not myAperturelabs.

Look.. if you have a problem with how I do things on my forum, let me know. I thought I had a good idea with letting the people who already go to myApertureLabs that there is, in fact, a charity going on. I provided links and information. I just said in the OP that I copy-pasted the post from myApertureLabs because I didn't feel like typing it all AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Sven wrote:
TheNewCity wrote:
Well, to be fair, I promoted the charity itself, on its own site, not myAperturelabs.

Look.. if you have a problem with how I do things on my forum, let me know. I thought I had a good idea with letting the people who already go to myApertureLabs that there is, in fact, a charity going on. I provided links and information. I just said in the OP that I copy-pasted the post from myApertureLabs because I didn't feel like typing it all AGAIN.

I think you took that the wrong way lol...

TNC was just saying the he didnt directly advertise myApertureLabs but that doesnt mean he didnt want to or that he delibrately left it out or anything Smile

Chillax Very good!
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Jenkins wrote:
Sven wrote:
TheNewCity wrote:

TNC was just saying the he didnt directly advertise myApertureLabs but that doesnt mean he didnt want to or that he delibrately left it out or anything Smile

Chillax Very good!
I have a bad habit of doing that. Embarassed

Sorry about that TNC. I need to be nicer in the Nice Corner. Smile

In apology, I present you all with this:
Golden Charity for Child's Play Mr_t_doll
I have no idea how this will make anyone feel better, but it will... Somehow.
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:06 pm

Sven wrote:
Jenkins wrote:
Sven wrote:
TheNewCity wrote:

Chillax Very good!
I have a bad habit of doing that. Embarassed

Sorry about that TNC. I need to be nicer in the Nice Corner. Smile

In apology, I present you all with this:
Golden Charity for Child's Play Mr_t_doll
I have no idea how this will make anyone feel better, but it will... Somehow.

Thats ok we understand man happens to all of us at some point Smile

Text chat is hard to decypher tone of voice and facial expressions :/
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Fuck.. The picture was supposed to be a plush version of Mr T.
Back to top Go down
kgprodigalist

kgprodigalist

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:03 pm

You have a pluish of mr T but i have a shrug guy on a road runner sign

only beacuse i work at a gamestop when dumbass kids try to buy M rated games and i ask if they are 18+ and they say no then i just hold that sign up and take the game away
Back to top Go down
TheCaptain943
I'm the Captain. End of story
TheCaptain943

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Sven wrote:
Fuck.. The picture was supposed to be a plush version of Mr T.
Golden Charity for Child's Play 811958.195p8 Here ya go.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheCaptain76561197997145833
terminators cousin

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:49 pm

why do i see www.boners.com in the corner? ???????????????????????????????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Charity for Child's Play   Golden Charity for Child's Play Empty

Back to top Go down

Golden Charity for Child's Play
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next