Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead

HomeRegisterLog in

WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emild00d
Internet Fungus
Emild00d

WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver Empty
PostSubject: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 am

Hello, both AGNMI and lurkers who will probably steal this if you are SCHTOOPIT.

DISCLAIMER: Anything found related to any real event, person or yadd yadda is purely fictional and was not intended. Please shut the fuck up and whine elsewhere.

I have begun, after 4 years of planning, started writing the first of many fantasy novels with settings in a fictional world called Rotherra. Inspired by Lord of the Rings, TES, the Warcraft-series (WC1-WC3, WoW) and various myhtologies around t3h globe.
In this thread, I will give you a taste of what I call the rough draft of my first novel, The Sun Reaver. If you have any questions or suggestions, let me remind you that it is most welcome.
So, enough gabbing, here's the first thing I will give you. Taste it, bitches.
Please, remember that this is roughly written, and details not large enough to be taken time to WILL be written... Eventually.

Code:
Somewhere on a grassy field, stands a tower with an onyx-like contrast on the middle of the body. Inside this tower, is a set of stairs leading up to a study, where a hooded figure is studying a tome, copying several keywords on a small, hazel-brown parchment. The figure has a human face with some reptilian features, such as the eyes, with two, small blunt horns standing out next to each of the eyes. He possesses claws instead of hands, and a small tail hanging relaxed from an oak chair. The writing desk and it's owner is surrounded by archives of books and scrolls, and hanging right over each shelf is a hovering lantern, supposedly hung up with magic. The door to the stairs is adorned with a golden symbol picturing a dragon chewing on it's tail. The figure stops writing for a second, anticipating that the door will open any minute. In the silence, excluding the sound of flames dancing inside the lanterns, the door opens with a loud screech. Inside walks another hooded character, but with a more human appearance.
“Greetings, noble Dragonkin...” the human started. “... And old friend.”
The reptile-man now known as a Dragonkin closed the tome, rolled the parchment and dropped the white and brown quill, and stood up from the chair. In a swift, but friendly gesture, he opened his arms, and greeted warmly “Do'Wenetar!”. In a big grin, he laughed heartily while approaching slowly towards the person. “It's been a long time! How has my old student been in all these years? Please, have a sit!” a second chair was drawn towards the table. The robed man nodded, and sat down. The Dragonkin took a sip out of a small tea cup which he had standing on the table. “So, what have you been up to?” he asked again. “Well, I've been busy hunting for magical trinkets and artefacts in every corner of the known world, and recently...” The man took up a small scroll from his belt “... I found this. I was hoping you'd...”
The reptile gazed on the scroll with an interested look. “What is it?”
The man opened the scroll. “It's... Well, remember the legend about the Sun Reaver?”
The reptile hesitated to answer. “Vaguely. What about it?”
The man sighed. “This scroll describes the current location of this fabled sword, the very reason why I have contacted you. This sword represents a threath to this world.” The Dragonkin gave out a small, harsh chuckle. “Ehe, what?”
“Have you never heard the true story of the Reaver?” the man hissed. “What? The true story? What are you even talking about, you daft human?”
The man heavily sighed. “The story we all know, takes place in a time where your kind ruled this world, where the most ancient Dragonkin was given the responsibility to ward this land of dark powers. The Sun reaver was forged by nature itself, and handed over to the Sun God, Therea'Zeth. She dipped the blade into the core of her sun, and given to the first holy knight of the light: The Dragonkin known as Paladin Ther'Zer'Voan”
When the man mentioned the name of this historic character, the old Dragonkin skipped a heartbeat. “... I-I know him. He was my... mentor.” He sighed. “Anyways, the blade followed him until he met his painful demise in the Battle of the Twilight, near the Genesis Scar. He fell for the Shadowblade of Khara'Fhaz, the demigod of the moon and death. He slew the paladin, and the Sun Reaver was never seen again. However...” The man took a firm grip on his left hand's bracer, hidden by the sleeves of the robe. “The true story... It was not forged by the Sun God, it was forged by the biggest threat ever to exist in Rotherran history. The Demon Overlord, Barazun. During the War of the Kin, the sword was known as the Destroyer, and was the beloved weapon of the Overlord. When he and his wretched Dragonkin known as Demonkin stormed the world, Ther'Zer'Voan slew him, and took his blade as the prize. He renamed the blade the Sun Reaver.”
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Good to see someone actually made something worthwhile around here. I'd buy you a beer but we aint exactly close to one another.
PS: Me likes this. Keep it up. Very good!
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
Sergeant Stacker

Sergeant Stacker

PostSubject: Re: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:39 pm

That was a great read, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/slackingstacker
Emild00d
Internet Fungus
Emild00d

PostSubject: Re: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback, encouraging! And Doom, I'll keep that in mind...

"about dat beer i owe ya"
Back to top Go down
Crash15

Crash15

PostSubject: Re: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:24 pm

I'll have the beer. You just need to toss it all the way over to Indianapolis,Indiana. I should probably try and catch it this time. The last time it was a guy from the north pole, and it hurt.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:10 am

And why should i give it to you?
Back to top Go down
Crash15

Crash15

PostSubject: Re: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Because i am a pedobear pikachu, dog.
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:44 pm

A bolter round for you then.
Back to top Go down
Crash15

Crash15

PostSubject: Re: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Inquisitor Doomlord wrote:
A bolter round for you then.
Oh my.
WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver Bolter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver   WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver Empty

Back to top Go down

WIP: My (dark) fantasy novel [Taste of tah pie]: The Sun Reaver
Page 1 of 1