Anti Gabe'N'Missing Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum isn't your average Father Grigori's. AGNMI is like your heart. It justs stops beating when you are dead

HomeRegisterLog in

Valve rant.. Read this shit :P

Go down 
+2
Inquisitor Doomlord
Jenkins
6 posters

Do you agree?
Yes
Valve rant.. Read this shit :P I_vote_lcap80%Valve rant.. Read this shit :P I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
No
Valve rant.. Read this shit :P I_vote_lcap20%Valve rant.. Read this shit :P I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Jenkins

Jenkins

Valve rant.. Read this shit :P Empty
PostSubject: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:09 pm

1:59 PM - Baker D:: you can opt in css beta if u want
1:59 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: no thnx lol
1:59 PM - Baker D:: me and sinz are going piss around with bots doing achievements
2:00 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: valve should start spending time on some original games instead of fuckign sequals or "port xx game to a new engine" bullshit for a change
2:00 PM - Baker D:: i think its good that they still take care of older games, sure some more then others but still some what of a support
2:01 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: lmao you actually think they care about the community in this recent choice to port css to orangebox engine? they could of done it years ago but they didnt, the only reason they are doing it now regardless of what valve say is because they are losing css gamers and they want to port it to a new engine to make it have pretty HDR graphics and achievements to keep people buying the game
2:02 PM - Baker D:: CSS loosing to bfbc2 and mw2 hey
2:02 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: plain and simple valve dont care about the gamers much anymore all they care about is money and they are starting to become the next EA
2:03 PM - Baker D:: idk thats a bit harsh
2:03 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: i lost interest in css about 3 years ago and porting it to a new engine and spending 12 months fixing new bugs isnt going to bring me back to it lol
2:03 PM - Baker D:: well
2:04 PM - Baker D:: not nessary you might go back
2:04 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: cs isnt about the graphics anyway its one of those rare games that gameplay is the key to everything
2:04 PM - Baker D:: but its nice for ppl who ares till enjoying it and playing it
2:05 PM - Baker D:: welll the update about css isnt really about the gfx alone its better overall experience
2:05 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: lol you dont get what im trying to say here; this is my signature on a hl2 forum;
Welcome to VALVe, on your left is the "How can we fuckup a game/tool today" room and on your right is the "Lets put off Episode 3 for some other shit project" room.
and i only wrote that recently because of this new css shit
2:05 PM - Baker D:: so this is shit talk about css and l4d2?
2:06 PM - Baker D:: is it about being upset that ep3 not being released?
2:06 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: i dont care about the games man i care about the company and the promises they continually break for years on end
2:06 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: i dunno why i even believe them anymore
2:07 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: im not the only person who feels this way either, im sick of all this l4d shit man seriously the zombie genre has been raped enough for the next 200 years lol
2:08 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: i havent really got high hopes for portal 2 either because valve didnt make the original portal much like they didnt make the orignal counter strike and they didnt make the original left 4 dead aswell so im getting quite sick of valve and their "claim xx product as our own invention" type shit

2:12 PM - OSX.Tiger: valve are gay
2:12 PM - OSX.Tiger: thats my only say
2:13 PM - OSX.Tiger: Don't know if they fucked up back in TFC or TF2
2:13 PM - OSX.Tiger: think TF2 was the drawing line
2:13 PM - OSX.Tiger: they are ID wanna be's
2:33 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: no they are EA wannabe's these days lol
2:33 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: it was better when they were ID wannabes lol
2:33 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: all they fukn care about now is money <_<
2:33 PM - OSX.Tiger: i blame steam for that
2:34 PM - OSX.Tiger: I think steam prices are fucked
2:34 PM - OSX.Tiger: they should send us out a disk aswell for the price
2:34 PM - OSX.Tiger: would cost them $2
2:34 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: yeah i mean its better than retail but still you dont get a physical copy so it should be like 5 times cheaper than retail and sometimes its the same price *cough* activision
2:35 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: i hate it how they sell games for the same price they did 4 years ago its like wtf, does steam have some sort of depreciation immunity or some bullshit
2:36 PM - OSX.Tiger: yeah
2:45 PM - OSX.Tiger: i seen L4D2 in the $30 barrel
2:46 PM - OSX.Tiger: then realised it was PAL
2:46 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: hahah should be in the $3 barrel :P
2:46 PM - OSX.Tiger: lol
2:46 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: that game is a steaming pile of shit seriously... dunno what the hell is going on with all these new games
2:46 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: aimed at mindless kids who like ZOMG LOOK AT THE ZOMBIES!!11!!1!
2:47 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: played l4d2 when it came out on 360 and it was a pile of crap seriously
2:47 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: i was bored within about 5mins
2:47 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: "yep nothing new" Neutral
2:49 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: first one was better because it was made by turtle rock :P
2:49 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: which valve take credit for
2:49 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: same with css
2:49 PM - OSX.Tiger: who made DoD
2:49 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: thats valve
2:49 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: same with tf
2:49 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: css is turtle rock
2:50 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: cs1.6 is by some guys back then known as "The Counter-Strike Team" that was their "company" name
2:50 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: Portal aswell
2:50 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: thats why i predict Portal 2 is going to be shit
2:50 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: because Portal was made by a couple of very intelligent uni students
2:50 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: now valve claim that shit as their own aswell
2:51 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: the only games valve actually invented was half life and dod
2:51 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: the rest arent originally their creations
2:55 PM - OSX.Tiger: I played qwtf for 5 yrs
2:55 PM - OSX.Tiger: then half life came out
2:55 PM - OSX.Tiger: TFC
2:55 PM - OSX.Tiger: then ETF
2:56 PM - OSX.Tiger: half life was a stand alone game
2:56 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: it is now
2:56 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: it started as a quake mod lol
2:56 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: then mike and gabe purchased the ID engine codes for quake for a couple of grand
2:56 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: and heavily modified it to make half life a standalone game
2:57 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: then it spawned a whole race of GoldSrc games
2:57 PM - OSX.Tiger: TF2 was ment to be made by ID
2:57 PM - OSX.Tiger: It was half made.
2:57 PM - OSX.Tiger: then was sold to Valve
2:58 PM - OSX.Tiger: I went to a lan in 1998
2:58 PM - OSX.Tiger: The winners got a copy of TF2
2:58 PM - OSX.Tiger: They waited over 10 years
2:58 PM - OSX.Tiger: Then valve was going to make it as goldsrc engine
2:58 PM - OSX.Tiger: but thought no fuck it
2:58 PM - OSX.Tiger: remade it like 5000 times
2:58 PM - OSX.Tiger: but ID half made it originally
2:58 PM - OSX.Tiger: then they scrapped it
2:59 PM - OSX.Tiger: but fans were waiting all that time.
2:59 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: was a totally different game back then aye
3:00 PM - OSX.Tiger: since then ID has become nothing
3:00 PM - OSX.Tiger: Quake live
3:00 PM - OSX.Tiger: thats it..
3:01 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: lol yeah man another reason why valve are becoming just like EA
3:01 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: buying out smaller companies or games and then claiming the products as their own invention
3:01 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: EA did that with Command and conquer series
3:03 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: they so called "rewrote the SAGE (cnc) engine from the ground up" which is a load of shit because it still uses the same egnine and the same codes as the old westwood cnc games... just with pretty new graphics and HDR and bloom and shit,
3:03 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: valve did the exact same thing with the original quake engine they bought, they apperntly rewrote the engine from the ground up which is also total bullshit because of the amount of quake leftovers in the souce engine codes these days, they still use the same friggin formats aswell like FGD and .qc and .mdl and .res and .cfg rofl
3:04 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: if i was "rewriting an engine from the ground up" i would also be changing the formats of the files so people dont use old quak tools to steal my shit
3:17 PM - OSX.Tiger: how we have come along way
3:18 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: lol yeah see thats why tf2 is (well WAS) a great game because valve actually spent time designing everything instead of just fukn porting it to a different engine and upgrading the graphics
3:18 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: lthe updates is what has killed that game for me tho along with the community of 12 year old fuktards who think they are god gift to gaming.
3:19 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: but in the grand scheme of things i think tf2 is successful because they spent years creating it
3:19 PM - ĴęŅƙĨǹᶊ: where as they have been pumping out half arsed games every year that are just some stupid pointless sequal to something that was alright in the first place or porting some game to another engine just to keep people buying it i mean ffs valve get off your ass and do something worthwhile

Stolen from Love Tub
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:17 am

agreed
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felgerian
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:08 am

doomlord1992 wrote:
agreed

Very Happy Dooms Gordon
Back to top Go down
LambdaCore 21
Drama Queen
LambdaCore 21

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:09 am

i have to say, there's some huge load of truth in there (and some background info i didn't know) cyclops
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:34 pm

LambdaCore 21 wrote:
i have to say, there's some huge load of truth in there (and some background info i didn't know) cyclops

You learn something new everyday Wink
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: A letter to Jenkins...   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:52 am

*just pretend that you got this in the mail one day*

Dear Jenkins,

I hope that you are doing well. I'm in the hospital right now and it's all your fault. Do you know why? Let me tell you:

There I was, on the Anti-GabeN forum, minding my own business. I sat there, reading the various posts of the members. Then I seen your thread, the "Valve rant.. read this shit." Out of curiosity, I opened the thread. What I seen was amazing in every way imaginable. It was a thread with thought behind, and it actually stood to make a point. Valve really does claim other peoples work as their own; I had always sort of knew that in the back of my mind, but seeing it said before me on a webpage really got to me. I was inspired.

So, after stealing vast amounts of money, I went to Valve headquarters. Once there, I demanded to see Gabe Newell, or anyone near him (power wise). I was denied. Undaunted, I waited until closing time. I seen my targets. All of them were there, Gabe himself. Robin. Doug.

It was perfect.

In short, I captured them and made them realize that what they had done to gaming community had been wrong. They begged to be released from the wall (on which they hung), and they even offered me rewards for doing so. Robin offered me all of the hats for TF2, but I laughed at him. Gabe promised me access to Episode 3, and all of Valve's early builds of it's (stolen) products. I kicked him for his foolishness. And Doug, well. He ate off both of his arms and ran away. He's here with me right now, actually. Say hi Doug.

Hi.

There you go. The fake arms really do help with that. Anyway, I finally decided to let them go. Gabe then immediately sat on me and broke all of my bones. They then said, as they helped Doug into the same van that I used to capture them, that they won't sue me, and that they would call for a doctor.

Defeated, I lay there. Waiting... And then he turned around and said "Oh, and one more thing.. Episode three will be delayed for another 2 years, Valve time."

It was an interesting weekend. Anyway, hopefully they'll learn from this and stop buying games from other people and ACTUALLY MAKE SOMETHING BY THEMSELVES.

Lots of love,
Sven
Back to top Go down
http://www.myaperturelabs.com
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:56 am

If your bones are broken then how the hell did you write this? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:03 am

doomlord1992 wrote:
Very simple.
  1. I'm in the hospital right now.
  2. Someone else is typing for me. Thanks for that Doug. No you don't have to type that. Or that. Damn it Doug!
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:04 am

Sven wrote:
doomlord1992 wrote:
Very simple.
  1. I'm in the hospital right now.
  2. Someone else is typing for me. Thanks for that Doug. No you don't have to type that. Or that. Damn it Doug!

Our butler can fix you up right away :P
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:18 am

Jeevus, get right on that shit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Jeevus Chives
AGNMI Butler
Sir Jeevus Chives

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:41 am

TheNewCity wrote:
Jeevus, get right on that shit.

right away. *heals sven*
Back to top Go down
Jenkins

Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:20 am

Wow Sven that was an excellent letter. Tell Doug that he is no longer allowed to join the Army, he will just have to settle for the Leggy Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheNewCity

TheNewCity

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:34 am

Haha lolcry
Back to top Go down
Inquisitor Doomlord
Inquisitor Doomlord

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:32 am

Jenkins wrote:
Wow Sven that was an excellent letter. Tell Doug that he is no longer allowed to join the Army, he will just have to settle for the Leggy Laughing
I LOLd I LOLd I LOLd
Back to top Go down
LambdaCore 21
Drama Queen
LambdaCore 21

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:12 pm

lolcry ffs Sven, how in hell did you come up with this? bored?
Back to top Go down
Sven

Sven

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:02 pm

LambdaCore 21 wrote:
lolcry ffs Sven, how in hell did you come up with this? bored?
I have a lot of free time during 1st period at school.

Anything to entertain you guys; that, and I was INCREDIBLY bored. lolcry Salute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve rant.. Read this shit :P   Valve rant.. Read this shit :P Empty

Back to top Go down

Valve rant.. Read this shit :P
Page 1 of 1